Last updated August 2020.
This is the privacy statement of Association belge des Analystes financiers – Belgische Vereniging der Financiële Analisten (hereafter “ABAF/BVFA” or “we”), located at Aarlenstraat 80, 1040 Brussels, and registered with the company number 0408.939.132.
ABAF/BVFA acts as controller and is therefore responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Your privacy is very important to us and we ensure that all personal information you share with us is handled with care. In this privacy statement we would like to explain you how we do this. If you have any questions about this, we will be happy to help you. You can reach us at email@example.com.
Why we process your personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes and based upon the following processing grounds:
- membership administration (e.g. to send an invitation for General Assembly) based upon the need to comply with our legal obligations under company law
- providing our services and/or organizing our activities for which you have registered (e.g. training courses, ABAF Awards) as this is necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
- to answer questions or request as this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- for direct marketing based upon our legitimate interests to inform you about our activities (such as trainings and events) and news items.
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and the need to protect our economic and social interests based upon our legitimate interest of handling our own disputes.
Personal Data Retention
We will keep your data no longer than 10 years after your last contact with us and as long as is required for our legal obligations under company law.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- entities with whom we collaborate to provide you with certified trainings and programmes in particular the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS), of which we are the national member society, in case you subscribe for EFFAS education programmes
- business parties with whom we would organize activities to which you subscribe.
- companies that process personal data in our name and behalf (known as ‘processors’), e.g. IT service providers.
- third parties when there is a legal obligation to do so
- the police or judicial authorities at their request if they are entitled to request the personal data.
By registering to an activity (such as event or training) organized by ABAF/BVFA, we might provide participants with a list of participants containing the participant’s name and organization.
Data transfer outside the European Economic Area
We can transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA, including the United States. Such transfer will be carried out based upon an adequacy decision or standard data protection clauses in order to guarantee an adequate level of protection.
To the extent permitted by and according to the modalities of applicable data protection laws:
- you have to right to access your personal data. This allows you to verify which personal data we process.
- you always have a right to correct your personal data. This allows you to rectify inaccurate data that we would process.
- you have the right to erase your personal data. This allows you to have us delete your personal data definitely. We are not always obliged to comply with such request.
- you have the right to restrict the processing of your data. This allows you to freeze our use of your personal data. We are not always obliged to comply with such request.
- You have a right to object. This allows you to stop any further processing of your personal data by us. We are not always obliged to comply with such request.
- You have a right to data portability. This allows you to easily move, copy or transfer your personal data from one controller to another. We are not always obliged to comply with such request.
You can exercise any one of these rights by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, for Belgium this is Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.